THIS FRIDAY - MAGNUM P.I.’s a “Taste of Paradise” at Broken Shaker

Originally published at: THIS FRIDAY - MAGNUM P.I.’s a “Taste of Paradise” at Broken Shaker -

Author: Newsroom

NEW YORK CITY – February 15, 2023 – On Friday, February 17, NBC and “Magnum P.I.” are bringing the aloha to New York City by transforming Broken Shaker into the beloved bar from the series: La Mariana. Celebrating the show’s new home, NBC is feeding the “Magnum P.I.” fandom with a bespoke activation days ahead of the February 19 premiere of season 5 on NBC, streaming next day on Peacock.  

For one night only, guests are invited to escape the New York City cold and feel the Hawaiian sun inside La Mariana while sipping on custom cocktails and enjoying an immersive “Magnum P.I.” fan experience. Fans will be transported to paradise via Magnum’s custom AR filter that allows them to choose between the show’s iconic vibes. From exclusive “Magnum P.I.” drinkware and sunset photo ops to tropical house music, the La Mariana experience will have every fan on island time. Guests can meet and mingle with other members of the Ohana, test their “Magnum P.I.” knowledge with trivia games and have a chance to win premium show swag. For those not in New York City, digital extensions on social handles will allow the fandom to join in on the fun and feel the Aloha. 

Fans can pre-register for limited advanced timeslots  beginning Wednesday, February 15 here. Once advanced timeslots are filled up, guests can still pre-register for expedited entry at the door. 

In addition to the event, NBC is sending a big “Mahalo!” to “Magnum P.I.” fans who funded a #SaveMagnumPI Times Square billboard in June 2022 that helped spark the show’s revival. On February 17, NBC will unveil a custom digital billboard in Times Square displaying heartfelt tweets and sentiments from the fandom that helped revive the show after its initial sunset. The billboard will be located at 1567 Broadway, on the corner of 47th Street, in the heart of Times Square. 

For more information on the La Mariana Experience, visit this link.

The “Magnum P.I.” La Mariana Experience:  

Date: February 17, 2023 

Time: 6:30 – 9:30 PM ET

Details: 

• Pre-registration to attend the event will open on Wednesday, February 15, via this Eventbrite link.
  • There will be limited timeslots for consumers to pre-register, and walk-ins will be welcomed based on capacity.
  • Attendees will be able to redeem two complimentary custom cocktails at the event.
  • Guests must be 21+ and have a valid form of identification to enter.