The Happiest Pod on Earth

Originally published at: The Happiest Pod on Earth -

Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | RSS | More

BONUS: We did it! We’ve finally launched our Disney-focused podcast! This is the first episode of our new show in which we apply the GT model to Disney content.

Check out The Happiest Pod on Earth at happy.geektherapy.com and @HappiestPodGT on Twitter.

Questions? Comments? Discuss this episode on the GT Forum.

I am so excited to see what you guys do with this podcast. I grew up on The Wonderful World of Disney, every Sunday night. It was there that I discovered the wonders of Medfield High and an amazingly young Kurt Russell. But as origin stories go, it’s much bigger than that. My Grandaddy was a Disney fan and he would take me every so often. My uncle worked on the land that Disney was building. Years later I am closer to my Grandaddys age. I see him whenever I look in the mirror. He was one of the most positive males in my life. I still feel a kinship or psychic connection with him when I go to Disney World. Prior to having a son, Suzi and I went to Disney almost every year. It can be cheesy, it can be a tourist trap,Walt may have a semi anti Semitic backstory, but his vision of allowing imagination to take flight, and chasing dreams pervades my life. The only paper I remember writing in elementary school was on Walt Disney. I believe I probably bleed Disney also, but if it’s in blood, then there are many other fandoms there as well.

Best wishes as you guys wish upon a Star!