Identity

Originally published at: Identity -

Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | RSS | More

#199: The team talks about the sometimes difficult journey to find an identity. From Geek to Geek Therapist to Queer, identity matters.

Check out the latest giveaway at geektherapy.com/giveaway

Questions? Comments? Discuss this episode on the GT Forum.

Ask us anything through the Question Queue and we’ll answer on the show: geektherapy.com/qq

00:00:00 – Intro / Announcements

00:03:50 – Identity

00:38:50 – GT Anniversary Promo

00:39:19 – Geek Therapy

00:50:29 – Wrap-Up

Check out the GT Network: network.geektherapy.com

GT Forum: forum.geektherapy.org

GT Discord: geektherapy.com/discord

GT Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/geektherapy

GT Twitch: twitch.tv/geektherapy

Find us at www.GeekTherapy.com | @GeekTherapy | Lara: @GeekTherapist | Lauren: @CHICKENDINOSAUR | Brandon: @Brandon_Saxton | Josué: @JosueACardona

Become a member of Geek Therapy on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/geektherapy

Ask us anything through the Question Queue and we’ll answer on the show: geektherapy.com/qq

This had me thinking … I have always been called a Tom boy… I tinkered with everything … when something needed to be built I was asked not my brother … I fixed electronics around the house … this was all I ever knew growing up … but the title never felt right to me

When puberty hit i was so lost cause I found both men and women were equally attractive to me but I was more drawn to a person mind and soul then body type so I never identified as bisexual but I most assuredly was not straight…

As a young adult I was labelled a grease monkey cause well cars were easy to me … fixing them was a cake walk but I was always good with manual labour… as I kid I fixed stuff so it carried over … I can name and repair almost everything on a car … but I don’t feel like a gear head ita not my passion I’m just really good at it

I am now an adult adult and I still don’t have a clue what I identify as … I know I’m good at a bunch of things … I tend to write well when I put some thought into it … I know I am quite handy… I know my sexuality still feels like a giant question mark … and that kinda scares me as I raise my son …
I feel like the road to discovering who I am seems futile but it’s a road I keep trwaking along and feel that one day it will all makes sense but finding my identity seems muffled in a sea of things I am good at I’m hoping this new path i am taking that is so different from my current path that maybe it will free up that ever unattainable answer of who am I. And what am i

3 Likes