HorrorCon LA Is A Spine-Chilling Experience in the Heart of Los Angeles

Originally published at: HorrorCon LA Is A Spine-Chilling Experience in the Heart of Los Angeles - People of Con

Author: Joe Di Gaetano

Los Angeles, often bathed in the golden glow of Hollywood, took a delightfully dark turn recently with HorrorCon LA. The Los Angeles Convention Center, typically a hub for glitzy events, transformed into a macabre haven on September 30th and October 1st. With the haunting echoes of eerie laughter and the distant whispers of ghostly tales, the convention center welcomed horror enthusiasts with open, skeletal arms.

As I stepped into the convention, the entry times varied like the stages of a haunting. VIP attendees, the earliest spirits, could wander from 12-7 PM. Gold Pass holders, the midday ghouls, had access from 2-7 PM. And the General Admission, the evening phantoms, could experience the chills from 4-7 PM.

The atmosphere was electric, or should I say, electrifying? HorrorCon LA stood out from the typical Halloween-themed conventions in its eerie infancy of just its second year. Instead of the characteristic jump scares or mazes that one might expect, the focus here was a celebration of the horror genre in all its gory glory. Vendors with horror-themed souvenirs beckoned, and the convention floor was a sea of horror and superhero cosplays, with a few souls daring to participate in the Nerd Mafia-sponsored cosplay contest.

My personal encounters with the celebrities present were the stuff of legends. I had a bone-chillingly good chat with Chandler Riggs from “The Walking Dead.” We delved deep into the show’s impact and even shared a laugh about a video game character. Marta Kristin from the original “Lost in Space” series and I took a trip down memory lane, reminiscing about the unmatched chemistry of yesteryear’s shows.

While I had the pleasure of engaging with celebrities like Chandler Riggs and Marta Kristin, the convention was teeming with stars from the world of horror cinema and television. Other spectral celebrity sightings included Dina Meyer, Bobby Costanzo, and Donald Fullilove. It wasn’t just about meeting these icons but also witnessing the master craftsmen of the industry, the minds behind some of our favorite spine-tingling tales.

Beyond the celebrity encounters, HorrorCon LA promised a plethora of entertainment options. Exclusive performances that sent shivers down your spine and panels that delved deep into the world of horror. Every moment was a new adventure, a new story waiting to be told. Although I didn’t have an opportunity to experience these concerts, I heard tales that the performances were hauntingly beautiful.

As the day turned darker and the shadows grew longer, I was drawn to the panels and workshops. A particular highlight was the panel dedicated to the 35th anniversary of “Killer Klowns from Outer Space.” The very air grew colder as they teased a video game based on the movie. In another eerie corner, I witnessed a transformation that sent shivers down my spine: a participant morphing into the iconic Lurch from “The Addams Family” using just makeup.

HorrorCon LA, as I discovered, is more than just a convention; it’s a journey into the unknown. A place where every creaking door, every flickering light tells a story. Whether you’re a die-hard horror fan or a curious soul seeking a thrill, this event promises memories that will haunt you (in a good way) for years to come. As the witching hour approached and the event drew to a close, I left with a heart full of spooky memories and a yearning for the next HorrorCon LA.

If this tale of terror and delight has ignited a spark of curiosity in your soul, don’t just read about it—experience it! Mark your calendars for next year’s HorrorCon LA and immerse yourself in the spine-tingling world of horror. Whether you’re a seasoned horror aficionado or a newcomer seeking thrills, HorrorCon LA promises an unforgettable journey into the macabre.
Join us… if you dare!