Gaming and Comics Superstars Cliff Bleszinski and Alex de Campi Announce Scrapper Hardcover Release Date

Originally published at: https://geektherapy.org/gaming-and-comics-superstars-cliff-bleszinski-and-alex-de-campi-announce-scrapper-hardcover-release-date/

Author: Newsroom

Raleigh, North Carolina (January 17, 2024) – The full six-issue miniseries of Scrapper has officially been released. Scrapper is a deeply personal canine action-adventure story born from a place of love and loss. Gaming industry legend Cliff Bleszinski (Gears of War, Fortnite) joined forces with comic book visionary Alex de Campi (The Scottish Boy, Dracula, Motherf**ker!) to bring his idea of a dog superhero to life, and what came out of it was amazing. Six issues later, the entire series has been released, and now they have announced an April 23, 2024, release date for the Scrapper full-story hardcover graphic novel (available for pre-order via Amazon).

Published by Image Comics, the titular canine protagonist, Scrapper, wants out of the system. It is his duty to fight for justice against the totalitarian regime known as SMITE (Special Monopoly for Industrial Tech & Engineering) and overthrow their scummy robot super soldiers. But he can’t do it alone. Throughout his journey, Scrapper will seek help from his best friend Tank, along with anybody else from the urban animal kingdom willing to fight.

“It’s been a joy to get back to full-bore, edge-of-your-seat action writing. Even more so when I get to base it around such a wonderful cast of urban animals as we’ve created in Scrapper,” said de Campi. “If you have pets you love, or you’ve ever just wanted to pet the dog in a video game, this is the book for you.”

“As a lifelong fan of comics, it’s been an honor to actually create one with Alex,” said Bleszinski. “Scrapper comes from the heart; first, the loss of my Aussie, Teddy, and then finding puppy love again with our Pomsky, Lady. I truly hope everyone enjoys this deeply personal work.”