Disney Fever

Originally published at: Disney Fever -

Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed

Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | RSS | More

#181: We’re feeling that Disney Fever with all the news and movies coming out this year. We share some of our favorite Disney memories and do a Disney-themed Media Matters segment.

Support Geek Therapy by becoming a member on Patreon – patreon.com/geektherapy

Questions? Comments? Discuss this episode on the GT Forum.

00:00:00 – Intro / Announcements

00:01:40 – Disney Fever

00:28:58 – Patreon Promo

00:29:39 – Media Matters

00:45:57 – Community Catch-Up/Wrap-Up

Check out the GT Network: network.geektherapy.com

GT Forum: forum.geektherapy.org

GT Discord: geektherapy.com/discord

GT Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/geektherapy

GT Twitch: twitch.tv/geektherapy

Find us at www.GeekTherapy.com | @GeekTherapy | Lara: @GeekTherapist | Lauren: @CHICKENDINOSAUR | Brandon: @Brandon_Saxton | Josué: @JosueACardona

Become a member of Geek Therapy on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/geektherapy

Ask us anything through the Question Queue and we’ll answer on the show: geektherapy.com/qq

Apparently, these are the movies technically still in the Disney “vault” although no movie has retuned to the vault in years and the policy seems to be done:

• Fantasia (1940)
  • Cinderella (1950)
  • Sleeping Beauty (1959)
  • 101 Dalmatians (1961)
  • The Jungle Book (1967)
  • Aladdin* (1992)

The weirdest thing is that some of these had remakes recently and the sequels to some of these are available digitally, like Aladdin 2 and 3 and 101 Dalmatians II.

2 Likes

Favorite movie from Disney is lion king it used to be the sleeping beauty but the origan story gave me the creeps and i cant see the story any other way now

1 Like

This episode was great.

My favorite movie as a kid was the Hunchback of Notredame 100%. Quasimodo was my childhood hero. I used to have a small plush of Quasimodo that I would never let go of. On a less wholesome side, as a kid I would get in fistfights with people who stated Quasimodo was ugly. My mid brother would sometimes take advantage of this and bully on me by getting his gang of friends to rile me up by tellling me Quasimodo was ugly lol!

But in all honesty that movie had a huge impact on me. I remember listening to Esmeralda’s “God Bless the Outcasts” on loop in a cd player/karaoke machine my parents bought me. I grew up on a very catholic household, and I was very catholic growing up, but a lot of that movie helped me come to grips with the idea that good and evil were things that existed inside and outside of the church. It made me question the ethics of the church as a child. AS A CHILD. And it set me on a path of community service that further opened my eyes to the way the world works, how injustice and prejudices is often veiled in ideology and values. I am amazed by how much I learned form this movie and Im alway grateful that It became such a big part of me growing up.

2 Likes