Conferences and Kaiju

Originally published at: Conferences and Kaiju - GT Radio

Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed

Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More

#296: Link discusses their enjoyment of the new Godzilla movie, the history of the franchise, and how the monster is always a metaphor. Lara and Josué connect the topic to other ‘giants’ including TAGGS, life milestones, and Gundam. SKREEEONK!!

Transcript

Josué Cardona 0:00
Hello, and welcome to gt radio, on the Geek Therapy network. Here at Geek Therapy, we believe that the best way to understand each other and ourselves is through the media we care about, my name is Josué Cardona. And I’m joined by Lara Taylor.

Lara Taylor 0:19
Hey.

Josué Cardona 0:19
and Link Keller

Link Keller 0:20
Hey,

Josué Cardona 0:22
welcome. Welcome, everyone. It is it is Link’s turn. This week,

Link Keller 0:28
it’s my turn.

Josué Cardona 0:29
What are we talking about Link?

Link Keller 0:30
I want to talk about two things, and I’m gonna need your help making them connect.

Josué Cardona 0:39
Challenge accepted. Let’s do it.

Link Keller 0:40
First. I guess maybe it’s like three things. I want to I want to hear about how your presentation went last week, or the weekend. And I want to talk more about taggs because it is still popping off. And I can’t help but think about it all the time. So why not talk about it. And then also, I saw Godzilla vs. Kong the other day. So I want to talk about Godzilla.

Josué Cardona 1:11
So just Godzilla kaiju in general, other big monsters, like,

Lara Taylor 1:17
Can we talk about how we call our cat Godzuki? Now,

Josué Cardona 1:21
I mean, we want to know now why.

Link Keller 1:22
Absolutely.

Lara Taylor 1:23
Cuz he gets up on his hind legs and like, puts his paws in front of him. And he looks like a kaiju when he eats his treats and food. So we call him godzuki

Josué Cardona 1:32
That’s good. That’s good. What was it about Godzilla vs. Kong that like, like, Oh, I got to talk about this

Link Keller 1:39
fun. It was really fun. I enjoyed it. I had a good time watching it. Um, I had seen the

Josué Cardona 1:48
it’s the fourth in the series.

Link Keller 1:50
It’s the fourth in this set, though. There are over. I want to say 30 to 35 Godzilla movies, and 10 or 12 King Kong movies. But Godzilla is great. I love Godzilla. I like big monster kaiju movies in general. But Godzilla Of course, the king, the king of them all.

Josué Cardona 2:15
King of monsters. Yeah. All the monsters. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. It was it’s it’s also I think it was the first for me. Maybe I’m wrong, correct me if I’m wrong, Lara, because you just correct me. Okay, often so do that.

Lara Taylor 2:37
Now, I know I correct you often. But I have seen one Godzilla movie in my life.

Josué Cardona 2:42
It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that oh, we saw that. We got to see that movie at home. We didn’t have to see it in theaters. I mean, you may have it’s in theaters, too. But I was like, oh, like this is it felt like it felt like a bigger deal than even all the other movies. Just because it’s the type of movie I would have want. Like I can imagine. It’s like a kaiju movie, right? I want to see.

Link Keller 3:07
Yeah. As far as like I want to see in a theater. This is definitely within in that grouping, but it was fun watching it at home.

Josué Cardona 3:15
Yes, yeah. Yeah. No, I loved I loved that. That happened. Right. Like there’s other movies like I just saw Mortal Kombat. Right. Like, it should feel the same way right. Like oh, I kind of I wouldn’t had to see that in theaters. I said I saw it at home. But there’s something about the spectacle of it felt like a blockbuster. Huge movie. Huge kaijus fighting. Yeah, no, I love that. I thought a lot of fun. I love that so much. I really enjoyed it. I hadn’t seen Kong. So I watched Kong first and then I think the two Godzilla movies. And I loved it

Link Keller 3:47
Yeah.

Josué Cardona 3:48
Power of friendship is just you know, doesn’t matter. You know, whenever that pops up. It’s always good.

Link Keller 3:54
everyone loves the Power friendship.

Josué Cardona 3:55
Yeah.

Lara Taylor 3:58
Yeah, now I’m picturing My Little Ponies as kaiju. Friendship is magic

Link Keller 4:03
just make them big. And it works.

Josué Cardona 4:07
Like I mean, technically, King Kong and Godzilla didn’t exist in the same world until, until these movies started, you know, decided to

Lara Taylor 4:14
so you never know. They could make a movie and you could have my little pony

Link Keller 4:17
never existed? They’ve been crossed over since like the 50s!

Josué Cardona 4:21
Is that true?

Lara Taylor 4:22
Yes.

Josué Cardona 4:23
I guess that is. That is true. I used to do Godzilla and Kong. Really? I know Godzilla used to cross over into other stuff. I mean, I believe you, I guess.

Lara Taylor 4:34
like mothra and all that

Josué Cardona 4:36
well those are those monsters like are part of that world. Hmm. I didn’t I didn’t know. But it makes sense.

Link Keller 4:45
King Kong vs Godzilla was distributed by Toho. Who made majority of the Godzilla movies came out in 1962.

Josué Cardona 4:54
what?!

Link Keller 4:56
Yep

Josué Cardona 4:57
Wow. Wow. Hmm, that’s cool. There have been talks about Pacific Rim crossing over into like this. This

Link Keller 5:06
Pacific Rim has always just been like,

Josué Cardona 5:10
let me play. Come on, guys. Come on. Let me in. Let me

Link Keller 5:13
Yeah, it’s just been like, what if you take Godzilla add a little extra little extra sparkly spice?

Josué Cardona 5:23
Yeah, yeah.

Link Keller 5:25
And Charlie Day, and you’re great. It’s good to go. Yeah. Yeah.

Josué Cardona 5:31
I mean, it’s funny that you brought up the training, right? Like, I think I again, I can’t remember I mentioned this in the slack. I don’t remember if I made the Godzilla reference. In the training, I did a three hour Geek Therapy workshop at a convention conference called the expressive therapy summit. It was It was great. Like the group that was that was there was fantastic. It was it was a lot of fun. And I can’t remember if I made this reference there, or if it was that taggs, taggs is recorded. So we’ll definitely be able to see if this is if this is the case. But I, there was, I saw a tech talk where the guy was talking about the the Matthew Broderick version of Godzilla. And he’s saying, like, this is not a good Godzilla movie. But it’s an amazing kaiju design.

Link Keller 6:26
It’s like a really fun Jurassic Park movie.

Josué Cardona 6:30
Because it’s like, going to a restaurant that makes the best, you know, just amazing steak. And ordering that amazing steak. Instead, you get the best chicken you’ve ever had in your life. That’s what this is like. And I just watched that. And it made sense in the training. And it was like, I got it. I was like, I haven’t made a tik tok reference. I got to make a kaiju reference. It was it was good. I don’t remember what I use the metaphor for are they? It was it was just like, it was good.

Lara Taylor 6:58
I was hoping I was waiting for that waiting for that chant. Remember,

Link Keller 7:02
I don’t know what it was. But it was so apt

Josué Cardona 7:05
I think it worked. I think it worked. I don’t remember what I was talking about.

Lara Taylor 7:13
So true story. The only Godzilla movie I’ve ever seen is the Matthew Broderick one.

Link Keller 7:20
1998 Godzilla.

Josué Cardona 7:23
Yeah. At the end all those baby godzillas we never we got that sequel,

Lara Taylor 7:29
we never got that sequel.

Josué Cardona 7:31
Nope,

Link Keller 7:31
I’m okay with that. Baby godzillas were just they were velociraptors. I also watched that one recently.

Josué Cardona 7:39
Yeah, it was quite a redesign.

Link Keller 7:43
It’s It’s such a different movie than what the original Godzilla was aiming for.

Josué Cardona 7:56
yeah

Link Keller 7:57
almost to an ironic level. Like it’s, it seems maybe intentionally ironic, but you can never be too sure.

Josué Cardona 8:05
It’s the embarrassing trend of the American version. Right? It’s like you did not but you’ve never seen a movie. Oh, you’ve never seen it.

Link Keller 8:17
That was one of the like, I remember when it came out is like that was a big complaint is people were like, Oh, the proof that the American versions are the American remakes suck. And I was like, I don’t get it. And because I was a kid and I had never seen a Godzilla movie before then. But having watched more Godzilla movies now. Very different, very different vibe for listeners and viewers who have not watched the 1956 I want to say 1956 was the first Godzilla movie it was, you know, like a decade out from World War Two and specifically atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And Godzilla was very much in response to what like living with the fear of atomic bombing and and the monster is very much a metaphor. And so it was very interesting in the 98 one sort of turns around and is all like, Oh, no, no, Godzilla is like, just a regular old lizard that got affected by atomic stuff. Not Oh, totally different. It’s not the atomic thing is the threat is it’s like, like radiation poisoning is bad. I guess. It’s like, Huh.

Josué Cardona 9:51
I haven’t I haven’t seen the Hideaki Anno one. Who he’s the person who created Neon Genesis Evangelion. He made a live Action Godzilla in 2001. Was it 2010? It was it was 2010 or 11 seems. more accurate. Please fact checker. Let me know. And I hear it’s amazing. I want to see it. But I hear that it’s very much like it’s just it’s a political movie. Right. It’s a it’s like,

Link Keller 10:25
yes

Josué Cardona 10:26
political. Have you oh Have you seen it? Have you seen the hideaki anno one. The Shin Shin Godzilla is,

Link Keller 10:33
I don’t think I’ve seen Shin Godzilla.

Josué Cardona 10:36
Yeah. And so my understanding is that it’s not a monster movie. Right? It’s It’s It’s very much a movie about it’s a political drama movie with this going on. And it’s highly respected and I won a lot of awards and like it did a lot of I want to see it. Now. I want to see it even more. Oh, Gian, in the comment says that every iteration of Godzilla addresses an existential environmental threat. He is he is a Godzilla fan. I’ve never told I’ve never I’ve never I don’t think I’ve shared this with with with Gian. But there’s a store. There’s like a kaiju store here in Chicago. And I haven’t been because we’re in the middle of pandemic, but there’s a kaiju store here, like,

Lara Taylor 11:23
gotta go to the the kaiju store.

Josué Cardona 11:25
I’m waiting for Gian to come visit. Yeah, so you can come to the kaiju store.

Link Keller 11:28
Okay. I googled Shin Godzilla, and it’s 2016 is when it came out. But I want you if it’s on on Google, it has the people also ask section is why Shin Godzilla so scary?

Lara Taylor 11:49
Because it was made by the same guy that made Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Josué Cardona 11:55
Gian says it’s a monster movie about the uselessness of an overly bureaucratic government.

Link Keller 12:00
Yep.

Josué Cardona 12:01
Sounds good to me. Yeah. Yeah. I want to see it. I want to see it very badly. I think until recently, like, it was just like, it was just hard to, to see right. Like, I don’t know, where it wasn’t available on certain platforms. And I don’t know for a while it was like hard to, to find. And, yeah, so I have like, my kaiju like monster movies, a lot of movies that make you think it’s a there was news recently about the Mobile Suit Gundam movie, coming to Netflix, written by Brian K. Vaughan and directed by the director of kong skull island. I’m, I’m down. Yes, thank you. And I don’t think this has been confirmed. But one of the things that they that they mentioned was that it was going to be um, that it was going to be set in the Universal Century, which is the original, kind of the the first ever timeline of the of the Mobile Suit Gundam. There’s lots of different Gundam anime and shows and all sorts of stuff. But there’s a there’s a an original, it’s called the Universal Century. And that’s where the original series happened. And lots of other shows have happened. There. I was, whenever I thought of a movie about this, and this goes back to the Americans like mess things up version, right? If there’s gonna be an American version of Mobile Suit Gundam. I always think like, oh, they’re gonna recast Amuro Ray and they’re going to like all these Japanese characters, right? They’re not going to be they’re going to be played by Americans. Right? And, and they’re gonna change as names and Alex or something, right? It’s gonna be the just gonna change it. But But it seems like they’re not going to do that they’re gonna set it in the original timeline. And which makes perfect sense. It’s a it’s a show about inter galactic, like inter Solar System war, where everybody like, there’s the whole world is one thing. And there’s also colonies all throughout, and the different governments and they all have like these different mobile suits, and all these things happening. So you can make a Mobile Suit Gundam movie set in the United States, or somewhere in the West, that happens within that story and that timeline, because every country has mechs. At that point, every country has all of these things. And so all of that makes me very hopeful that it exists within that world. And I can tell a great story and it doesn’t have to, you know, be inconsiderate, of like, the source material or of any other countries that can be you know. Yeah, I’m excited about that. But it’s also like most of Gundam. It’s, there are political shows. It’s all about the politics between different countries and how horrible governments are. And I saw tik tok the other day where a guy was saying I’ve watched like I’ve never watched Gundam like I wasn’t super attracted to the idea of these mech stuff, right? It’s like oh, no, but I saw it now. I like I’ve been watching Gundam and I don’t understand how basically a political drama like resulted in this multi billion dollar toy industry right where like, like, like it’s just mechs and plastic like stuff but like the whole show is about it’s like it’s serious like, honestly like some Gundam shows that it kind of boring if you’re there for like, battles and stuff. That’s not that’s not what’s happening. It’s, it’s all drama. I love it. It’s one of my favorite. That’s what all this is up here. A lot of

Lara Taylor 15:32
the same thing can be said for a lot of things that we like they are like Star Wars is a political drama.

Josué Cardona 15:37
I don’t necessarily I don’t agree with that.

Lara Taylor 15:41
I think it does, i agree

Link Keller 15:42
i think it has. It has political elements to it, but it doesn’t focus on it.

Josué Cardona 15:47
It’s a fantasy space opera, family drama. And

Link Keller 15:52
Yeah,

Lara Taylor 15:54
you go transmedia and you go to the books? You go to the comics? You got to experiment

Josué Cardona 16:01
i won’t argue with that? Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Like what most people have seen, right? It’s like, it’s like the Gundam version. It’s like, if you even if you’re one of those 90s kids who only saw a Gundam Wing. Take it is like slow and like the ideas presented there like that. Oh, you know, what’s happening there, even with the giant mechs it’s like, it’s all politics like, wow, like people. It’s like people who complain about the prequels and that dinner, like all the Trade Federation, and it’s all about taxes. It’s like, yeah, that’s how they set up that whole first movie, which I know goes against what I just said about Star Wars not being political. But they

Lara Taylor 16:40
did that enemy original Star Wars was based on what Vietnam?

Link Keller 16:45
Yeah, yeah. Yeah. So yeah, I mean, all art is political is the is the foundational argument there. Whether it’s with intention or not matters, I think Star Wars’ main intentions are more fantasy, and, you know, power fulfillment and, and that kind of stuff with political backgrounds. With you know, especially the older Godzilla movies they are, they are about politics with a background of like, Oh, shit, that’s a giant monster beating the shit out of another giant monster. Or buildings. All of the buildings.

Josué Cardona 17:30
Yeah. Yeah. That’s, that’s kind of how like I describe Gundam right? It’s like, it’s just politics. It’s like, well, what if instead of guns, we have giant robots. Okay, cool. Yeah, we can do that. instead of other countries. What if we have colonies in space? We still call them colonies, though. We don’t want to be too far removed from what we’re trying to say.

Link Keller 17:52
all the Same language. Yeah.

Josué Cardona 17:54
Yeah. Yeah. Um, I like those a lot. Yeah. So those are other big things. Giant mechs and robots. Yeah. Yeah,

Link Keller 18:08
they’re done.

Josué Cardona 18:11
Was there anything else? About Godzilla or kaiju? and stuff that you want to bring up?

Link Keller 18:19
Yes. Several things. One in in the new Godzilla vs. Kong movie. My favorite part is when Godzilla runs it, they he gets thrown into a building and he squishes up against it like a Tom and Jerry goof. Like he just like crumples and it is so funny. Oh, that was good. And what else what was great Oh, also the the like, neon Hong Kong that they had in the movie was so good looking like very visually beautiful. Okay, the other thing I wanted to say that I just found earlier today, while doing a little pre recording research on the Godzilla Wikipedia page, in this section about characteristics about the many versions of Godzilla. there’s a section called roar. And it starts with Godzilla has a distinctive disyllabic roar transcribed in several comics as SKREEEONK. And that’s the greatest sentence I’ve ever read on Wikipedia. So I just wanted to share that with everybody.

Josué Cardona 19:38
yeah.

Link Keller 19:40
skreeeonk

Josué Cardona 19:43
my ability to so

Link Keller 19:44
that is so funny to me

Josué Cardona 19:47
Well, actually, it’s insensitive, and it’s insensitive to to the Japanese pronunciation. Actually, it’s funny to you, but you you know, I think you’re not appreciating I have no idea what I’m talking about? idea.

Link Keller 20:03
Oh my gosh. Oh, yeah, Godzilla, Godzilla King Kong, big monsters. The monsters are metaphors. The next time you watch a monster movie, figure out what the metaphor is. And then tell me

Lara Taylor 20:19
these images of skreeeonk are amazing.

Link Keller 20:22
did you look it up?

Lara Taylor 20:22
i did

Link Keller 20:26
skreeeonk!

Lara Taylor 20:28
Everywhere. It’s

Link Keller 20:28
a great skreeeonk. He’s got big yells he’s a big guy. Okay, let’s talk about taggs some more. Speaking of cultural giants,

Lara Taylor 20:31
nice segue

Josué Cardona 20:47
yeah. Yeah. Yeah, we’re turning topics around. So we just mix them all up is what we decided at the at the last minute.

Link Keller 20:57
Yes, if I’m in charge, you’re either gonna get something like, very weird, maybe morbid, or confusing. And tonight we went for confusing. It’s the grab bag night.

Josué Cardona 21:14
I mean, again I wish I remembered if I even said the had the Godzilla reference in the training that I did on on Saturday. And it just, it just, it was just, it just felt really good. That training because people like I want to, you know, like, a big part of what we’re doing is to celebrate these things that we like, right? Like, skreeeonk yeah, let’s go. Let’s do it. Right. But also, and this is something I’m not gonna go into specifics, but but Okay, let me say how I tie this together. Let’s be specific, but what I what I wanted. We have like a many of our friends have a Discord. Now called the CASTT, which stands for what is what does the CAS TT stand for? Can you look it up while I while I continue to hype them up? And so hype? Yeah. So that formed after the bodhana group, our partners for tags created? Like they do they do a conference every October? And, and like out of either the last one or the one before that. Like the community was like, oh, how do we let’s let’s continue. Like, let’s stay in touch. Let’s keep going. Right. So they created a discord to kind of stay in touch. And

Lara Taylor 22:41
that had a placeholder name for two years.

Josué Cardona 22:45
Yeah, that’s how that’s how

Lara Taylor 22:46
now they are community of applied spiritual and therapeutic tabletop gamers.

Josué Cardona 22:52
Yeah, it sounds like my people. So like that built out of that, those events that the bodhana group was doing. And so that, like, it’s, it’s a beautiful thing to see. So after taggs over the last few weeks, it has been incredible. And again, go back to the workshop on the weekend, it was like those moments where people are like, Oh, this is so validating the things that you’re talking about, right? Like, Oh, this is so helpful. And like, yeah, and I’m like, Hey, we come hang out with us, I get, like, Come learn

Lara Taylor 23:25
we talk about this all the time,

Josué Cardona 23:26
all the time. This is this is what we do. And, and just the appreciation and the people like sharing things. And I mean, actually, so at the end of that presentation, they’re so cool. Like, it was like, Oh, thank you so much like, this is gonna be super helpful my work, but also I want to show you something, and one person stayed to the end. I was like, I just wanna show you a thing. And then they, they went and they found like this, it was a it was a Mr. Potato Head Dalek like officially branded Doctor Who product. Like, I never seen this in my life. And I was so excited. But after a three hour workshop, like, I’m glad I conveyed my appreciation of Doctor Who within, you know, the therapeutic and applied applications of these ideas. And then we got to geek out about that afterwards. And I’ve been able to connect to with a few people after the event also, like on LinkedIn, social media, people coming through. I love it. That was just a three hour workshop right at a convention with those tons of things happening. So a few weeks ago, when we did taggs, it was highly concentrated. Right? It was three days, four to five events happening at all times in a row. And some of the things that kept coming up, especially on the first day was like, oh, like I didn’t know other people were into this. I don’t know other people like skreeeonk you know, I got that I was the only one. Right? And then and then you start seeing right that there’s like this community building right and then people so there have been so many stories over the last couple weeks that were just They’re just I don’t know, they just felt really good. So like, one of them, we got we got a message that was sent to me and Sophia and she’s giving a presentation. She lives in England. She’s gonna give a presentation. And she reaches out. She’s like, thank you, like I felt so supported at that event. And do you mind if I, if I plug you guys right? So she said, she, she’s like she wants she’s like, Can I put Geek Therapy logo and and the taggs logo there? And I was like, Yeah, absolutely. You have my blessing. Absolutely. Right. She’s like, I want to tell people about this. And thank you so much. I felt so supported. I was like, Huh, right, that we didn’t ask her to do that. Right. But, but I’m so happy to hear that, that that’s the way that that’s the way she felt. And she was going to share that and tell other people about it. Yesterday, we were Geek Therapy was streaming on Twitch. And and you know, we always announced it on the discord. And if you have everything set up in a certain way we have it so that it’s announced that you have to have your twitch profile and your discord profile. And we have a bot set up so that when you go live, it lets everybody know it makes it visible. Right? Hey, yeah, like you’re streaming do it. This person didn’t have their, their profile linked up or anything like that. But they still posted there. Like they were like, Hey, I’m, I’m I’m going live, I’m trying this out. So I jump in to to just to just see, right, I’m like, Oh, cool. Somebody in the community is doing a stream, they’re starting to stream. And, and I was like, I want to go like be supportive, too. And so I go in, and her name is Rachel, and she’s doing this whole, like, the idea behind her twitch stream is for foster care youth. And she’s got like, stats on foster care. And she’s sharing with us, you know, like information about the foster care system and her opinions about it, and the work that she’s doing and talking about building a community, you know, around that, I was like, wow, that’s, that’s so great. Um, there are other members of the community there too. Already. And, and the Gian was there and he’s like, oh, like, the whole sways here? And like, she was like, Oh, is that hold sway? I just want to say like, thank you so much for taggs, like that, go watch the video to see the exact stuff that she that. She said, sure it’s on her channel. It’s on a discord, you can find it. And but surely, she made it sound like taggs was again validating and very supportive. And just like three weeks later, I’m not saying That’s the only reason right but like, my understanding was like, she felt like, oh, like, I felt like I could do this, just come on Twitch and talk about this and do this kind of thing. Because I was surrounded by people who do this type of thing. You know, and like, we’ve received emails, and so many comments and stuff about people just feeling good about that right about the like, it’s Oh, it’s so good to hear. You know, that even a couple of weeks later, and like, I’m still editing the videos to put everything else out there that they’re all not up yet. And still, like people are watching the videos now. And in the Facebook group. People are like, Oh, I just watched this video, like what y’all think? Right? And there’s like, discussion around them. It is it is a lot of just like a lot of love, like, just in the community. You know, like building that up? I’m so glad that we have all these platforms available. Right to support that and to and to do that it can happen without us. Right. Like, like, like the example of the save one, right? Like, that group was formed organically right from from there. That doesn’t always happen. Right? Like, it’s like, it’s hard to do. It can happen either way. And, and it can still like, if you don’t if you don’t like you know, our Discord. Too many emojis you know, you can I get it, I get it. And, and that’s cool, right? Like, Rachel start a whole channel right to do this. Just one idea. And like, Yeah, I don’t know, I don’t know of any other streamers who are talking about the foster care system and, and being supportive. And that’s, that’s kind of awesome.

Lara Taylor 29:04
And Josué there was some last night we attended a peer support group that started on the castt gamers, Discord. And some of the people there I met at taggs and wouldn’t have been on the situate, like, there unless they’d heard about it from taggs. So it was really cool. Yeah,

Josué Cardona 29:22
yeah. And like a peer support group meaning like, literally like a clinical peer support, peer supervision type of group to discuss like, hey, like, I need

Lara Taylor 29:34
support. I have a tough case. I have a tough job. Yeah, please. Yeah. What are your opinions other professional? Yeah, yeah. And it was really cool. One of them was a peer support specialist.

Josué Cardona 29:45
Yeah, that was so to think that there’s no channel right in the castt discord to do peer support from a whole bunch of people who met at taggs right and not really good combination and see Thing seemed to happen to me. Like when I when I showed up. I was like, Hey, I haven’t seen you since taggs two weeks ago. How are you? How you been? Right? It’s like, it was. It was. It was cool. I don’t know. Like, there’s just there’s just a lot of that going on and it still feels feels good. And I know this is like the most consistent place for us to put ideas down. And so I hijacked our Yeah. Godzilla conversation to try to think it’s a big deal. I think it’s a big good things just like just like Godzilla. It’s been it’s been it’s been a good week. It’s been. It’s been just, it just feels real good. Um, yeah, um, I’m curious to hear or to see how we can continue to do that. Right. Like, I want to make sure that we continue. Like, our thing has always been community first, right. Like, even even just being consistent and doing the show the idea is that, okay, there’s, there’s stuff for people to talk about, there’s a place for people to congregate around, there’s something that keeps things moving. Right. And then we create, again, we can talk about the community spaces, we can we can create topics for it. It’s, it’s all building, it’s all in the service of that of having that community and being and being able to, to support them and us in in different ways. It’s good, that’s good stuff. I don’t know. I don’t think there’s too much more to say about that. There were other stories, I was gonna bring up the peer support group, and I forgot I didn’t write any of them down. And I know they’re more but I can’t remember any of them right now. I haven’t been monitoring the the Facebook because I’ve just, it’s been behind the scenes Geek Therapy stuff has been pretty busy. And again, so yeah,

Lara Taylor 31:55
it’s busy. And we have a good team of mods on top of thing. Amazing. We don’t we don’t have to do that much moderating, which is nice. I think the community is really good about self moderating and restraint.

Josué Cardona 32:12
Yeah, yeah. Yeah.

Lara Taylor 32:14
And being supportive of each other. It’s a good space.

Josué Cardona 32:17
Yeah. Yeah. I mean, yeah, that hasn’t changed, even now that it’s 10 times larger than it was two years ago. Right. numerically, technically, right. 40 times 10? Is 400. for that? No, but no, wait a minute. I’m, I swear I have an engineering degree. I also have a calculator. So let me Yeah.

Link Keller 32:40
This reminds me, just like Godzilla’s size being really inconsistent across movies. So you know why? Sometimes it doesn’t matter. It’s about just sort of visually matching the other big things in scene

Lara Taylor 32:56
four and a half 1000 people in this group? Yeah.

Josué Cardona 33:01
I was trying to say 10 times 400. So yeah, it’s 4000. Yeah. Yep. I just broke it. I can still math. Yeah, yeah, you can. Yeah, it’s not. It’s not It’s not that hard. Yeah. I mean, one thing I want to bring up, but I just I just don’t know if it’s, we’d have to go down this road. But I was. I was talking earlier today with Gian about doing that support piece, right. Like how we continue to do that we had. Like, for example, in the case of Rachel, right. Again, there are things built in there already into the discord to support people who want to create content, right? Like, we can’t make all the content ourselves. You know, I can only do so many podcasts.

Lara Taylor 33:52
But you seem to keep trying to add more.

Josué Cardona 33:54
I don’t I’m not trying. It’s just it’s just inside me.

Lara Taylor 33:58
Are you? Are you not?

Josué Cardona 33:59
I’m not trying. I’m trying. I’m just it’s just, it’s just, it’s an it’s in me. I just gotta go with it. And just, it just happens.

Lara Taylor 34:06
You’re mutant power is like podcasts, and then they like, break off into more podcast.

Link Keller 34:13
You are a podcast chicken, and you are always laying podcast eggs

Josué Cardona 34:17
like Godzilla in the 1998 movie, Godzilla, starring Matthew Broderick.

Link Keller 34:23
Yes.

Lara Taylor 34:24
Tie it back to Godzilla. let’s do it

Link Keller 34:26
wait! Godzilla is not a he. He’s pregnant. What a twist

Josué Cardona 34:32
what a twist. What was I’ve been saying, thanks a lot. Oh, where’d I go? Oh, yeah. gian, about supporting. Yeah,

Lara Taylor 34:43
yeah. Yeah. Support. Yeah,

Josué Cardona 34:45
yeah. To the point of the podcast, like the only way that I can do another podcast is to stop doing another podcast. I think there’s only so much time that I can do so. So I’ve literally like it’s it just takes a space of another show to be able to do and that’s kind of How things happen all the time. With everything I’m that’s how time works. That’s how time works. So, yeah, so I mean, so I’ve been thinking about like, what what are the things we can do to support? You know, members of the community and like, I’ve thought a lot about how we can support the people who are in. Like, who were at taggs, right? Like, it was really important for me to make sure that the presenters as much as we were able to, to make sure that there was some value in it for them, that they felt invested that there were reasons why they would want to, you know, tie back, come back, tell people about it, do things like that? And so yeah, I’ve been thinking about that. And so in the Rachel example, we’re like, oh, that’s the first of all, like, that’s so cool that we didn’t plan it. But like we showed up, just to say, just say, Hi, right, because sometimes, like, streaming is hard, right? And sometimes, especially when you start out, like, there’s nobody there, you know, like a lot of people stream and there’s nobody there. And it just feels so good to have somebody even come in and say hi, and if it’s for a bit. And so there’s that and and so one of the things can we do to support other artists and the artist or the content creators, right, who wants to have these messages and explain some of the like to bring attention to some of these issues? It’s more of a rhetorical question. Like, that’s what the whole organization is doing. I’ve just been, it’s just been the thing that’s been on my mind today. And it’s kind of what I’ve been thinking about in the future, right? Like, I think about how do we support the things that we’re already doing not so much, doing? more things, or newer things always like, I want to make sure that we support the people who are there first. That’s kind of like the priority.

Link Keller 36:47
Yeah, and just, you know, the concept of making sure that we have the foundation and scaffolding structure to support the people who are already here, and the people who we hope will come if we don’t prioritize that stuff, it leads to really roughshod community spaces that can cause harm in some cases. So it’s important, it’s important to care about.

Josué Cardona 37:17
Yeah, yeah. It’s again, it’s more of a rhetorical question. We’re gonna have to actually go go into it. But But you know, it was one of the conversations that we were having, like, that’s so awesome. Like, how can we can we do something to elevate that? Right. Can we do something to like in the Rachel case? Right. Like, that’s so cool. And I? Yeah, I mean, again, we’re working on things. There are lots of things going on. That’s what was on my mind. As I’m, as I’m hearing all these people feel like in that group yesterday, right, like when one of the things I promised not to talk about the group that stays in the group was talked about in the group stays in the group. But this is, like, at some point, I just asked, like, do you feel supported? Right, like, was this worth, like, Was this an effective peer support group? Did you feel supported? Yes. Good. Good. Right. And we accomplished our goal. It didn’t

Lara Taylor 38:10
look, they did what it was supposed to.

Josué Cardona 38:12
Yeah, we built on all the things that we were hoping for. Right? And like, again, like Link said that infrastructure was was there. And, yeah, I kind of just wanted to share those stories. There’s no, just kind of, I mean,

Lara Taylor 38:30
what seems like presenters had a really good time at taggs because I’m seeing like, in the Facebook group, all the comments on the like, Oh, I just watched this, this presentation. It was really good. Other people are chiming in and like, Oh, I presented too and like, it was a great experience. And I felt connected to people. So yeah, it’s good. We did a good thing.

Link Keller 38:58
Okay. If the Facebook group talks about my presentations, you guys are going to, you’re tell me right?

Josué Cardona 39:03
no. only the bad comments.

Lara Taylor 39:05
I will tell you Okay, until you get a Facebook, just

Josué Cardona 39:10
comment, thumbs down. And

Link Keller 39:12
I just want to I want to know the stats.

Josué Cardona 39:17
Two smiley faces seven angry faces. Here. Facebook has reaction faces now. Yeah. It’s Yeah, it’s new, like four years old.

Lara Taylor 39:30
Yeah, you can care does a carowinds new Yeah, that’s the pandemic that started in the basically, it holds a little heart. Yeah. And you can love something and you can be angry

Josué Cardona 39:42
Jonathan says in the comments,

Link Keller 39:44
the five emotions.

Josué Cardona 39:47
Jonathan says in the comments that I still enjoying taggs. I’m so happy to to hear that. I yeah, I didn’t expect that. It would take me two weeks to edit all of the videos. And I didn’t think

Lara Taylor 39:58
you thought we were thinking it was Gonna take you like a month

Josué Cardona 40:01
I’m then I’m, then I’m that I’m exceeding expectations at this point I get

Link Keller 40:07
what percentage done, would you say you are?

Josué Cardona 40:09
Oh I know I’m two thirds done. I can.

Link Keller 40:12
Okay, so we got at least a 66%. You are passing the course

Josué Cardona 40:15
I’m, I’m also a sprinter. Right. So like it gets like I can, I just, I just got to get on block to do the thing. It’s hard to do stuff. Sometimes,

Link Keller 40:29
indeed.

Josué Cardona 40:29
And it gets harder as it goes on just if you have, you know, certain symptoms of neuro typical, you know, disorders, it can get hard to do the same thing over and over again. The novelty wore off by video number 42. I’ll just say that. So definitely. So I don’t know, I might, I might start making them like in 3d and adding surround sound just up the challenge and make them a little

Lara Taylor 40:58
Josué Were you going through the entire video? Are you cropping the beginning?

Josué Cardona 41:04
I am. So I am, I am doing a lot

Link Keller 41:11
behind the curtain.

Josué Cardona 41:13
There’s some videos I’m doing a lot. And some videos I’m doing a little. I’m not going through them entirely. I would love to I mean, I plan on watching them all. Once I’m you know, once I can, I was only able to watch, like, two thirds, because I could only have two ears and can only hear the two at the same time. And focus on the like, I got to watch them all again. But But I’m doing there some for example. And and this is kind of like the value add that I’m that I’m talking about. Like, if you did the presentation, you just hit like full screen. Like there was one person who had we had a lot of widescreen, like a super wide monitor. And then they they put their presentation to fullscreen on their computer, and then they recorded their desktop on zoom. So the video is super wide with the presentation in the middle with black bars super across, right the both sides. And so I could have just uploaded the video and had that and had like a super wide video. But but but I didn’t I so for. And I’ve done I’ve done a variety of different things. I’ve done a lot of audio fixing for them so that we can hear them more clearly. I make sure I’m doing Yeah, for the most part, I’m chopping them the beginning of the end the rest. I’m not editing anybody’s content. There is one that I interrupted halfway through. And so we discussed I was like, I can edit this part out there like Yeah, please. And they sent me a note and I did that. But for the most part, like there’s no, I wouldn’t edit anything in between, right? I’m just trying to make it

Lara Taylor 41:13
pretty

Link Keller 41:13
best quality that is can be.

Josué Cardona 41:17
Yeah, the audio especially I want to make sure that people can can hear because like some had lots of different people at once. And so I tried to fix that as much as possible. There’s one that had like, it’s like a fan was blaring like right next to the microphone, I was able to clean up that audio to things like that. And so, you know, I hope I’m not going I’m not going and telling everybody that there’s just what we did, but you know, I just want to make sure that everybody can enjoy especially moving forward. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, that’s the answer.

Link Keller 43:26
And where where can people watch these videos?

Josué Cardona 43:29
You can watch them. Two thirds of them are currently up at event dot tagg summit.org where you can watch? Yeah, now we can watch all the videos.

Link Keller 43:39
You have to get a media pass

Josué Cardona 43:41
to get a media pass. Yeah. So watch it. Yeah. Yeah. You can do the plugs, you know the answers.

Link Keller 43:49
People come here to hear you talk.

Josué Cardona 43:52
Do they though? Do they?

Link Keller 43:55
I’ve had at least two separate people say that to me. So yes, I’m standing by that statement.

Josué Cardona 43:59
Really? Oh, so? Well, well, this is a weird episode already. I would like to point out, this is Episode 296. And so

Link Keller 44:13
all right, we are approaching.

Josué Cardona 44:15
We’re approaching 300. Right. So So what is just a number? It’s just another number.

Link Keller 44:20
Are we gonna have like a Sparta episode or what? Sorry? I tried to land that joke. but it was lame

Josué Cardona 44:32
I mean, I mean, I haven’t Spartan kicked anything. Or anyone in a long time. That would be I mean, yeah, that’s, uh, wow. You’re doing great today Link. The more references the the better. Maybe I don’t know. We can. We can be spartan themed. I’m kind of open to that. I don’t I mean, this this has happened every time we hit a milestone. I’m just very excited. Yeah, I’m for

Link Keller 45:00
like, we got to do something for the milestone. We’re at the milestone like, Huh. Look at us. Here we are. Yeah,

Lara Taylor 45:08
yeah. Yeah. Gian says he comes here to hear me and link so

Link Keller 45:14
Oh well Thank you.

Lara Taylor 45:15
thank you gian

Josué Cardona 45:15
Yeah, I’ve heard that from multiple people. Mainly gian. Yeah. So So yeah, there’s, again, this is like an exciting, like, I don’t know, I’m in the mood to celebrate stuff and our accomplishments. And, and it just just feels good. That’s just kind of the mood that I’m that I’m in, but also to do that, you know, to, like, make little changes. So one of the things that, that has been kind of an obstacle, and completing the update of the taggs videos has been the all the other stuff to do. And some of that is preparations for for not just 300 but like a month after 300 not the movie, the 300th episode of gt radio. A month after that. It’s it’s the official six month anniversary. And right, like, I don’t know, like I

Josué Cardona 45:38
did the official 10 year anniversary??

Josué Cardona 46:13
what did I say,

Lara Taylor 46:14
you said six months,

Josué Cardona 46:15
I had my vaccine recently, and I’m feeling it a little

Lara Taylor 46:19
a little delusional

Josué Cardona 46:20
was i wearing a hat? Yeah, me? Oh, no. It’s like,

Lara Taylor 46:26
you just wanted to be more like me.

Josué Cardona 46:28
Yeah, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Sure. Yes. And then Anyway, there’s, it’s like I’m preparing different things. And I hope I hope they are prepared by by then six little, little, little things. But yeah, if you’re listening to this, and you’re also in a festive mood and have ideas for for the party. Oh, let us know. Because I’ve been saying this since January. But I want this whole year to be a party taggs was perhaps the best party I could have imagined. Right. In,

Lara Taylor 47:07
it was a kickoff party for us right.

Josué Cardona 47:08
No, wait. It’s so it was so it was so good. That a part of me was almost like, we peaked in April, like what are we going to do? like, Damn, what are we gonna do the rest of the year? They felt they felt that that good. But that’s why I needed your help to so please let me know. What should we do? I can, I haven’t been disappointed about being in a pandemic. I mean, being a pandemic sucks, I mean, being at home, right? Like the shutdown and all that stuff. That stuff. I’m, I’m already missing it, right. Like I got second vaccine. And I’m already like, Oh, I guess that means it’s closer to being things are getting close to being back to normal. Like, like in Falcon and Winter Soldier, right? People like things are starting to look like they used to, they kind of suck before they weren’t Great, you know now but like, we’re just going to the old suck instead of the the new suck. And one of the things I was hoping to do like by being in Chicago was like, having some kind of live live event. It’s like, I’d love to do even just like a dinner. Like, let’s just go to Olive Garden and celebrate, you know, Geek Therapy 10th birthday. There’s enough people here to have like, you know, one of the rooms in the back with like, one of the large tables on Olive Garden, I think,

Link Keller 48:29
a karaoke night.

Josué Cardona 48:31
Not in the middle of pandemic night karaoke.

Link Keller 48:33
youre right Oh, no

Josué Cardona 48:35
love to do karaoke. I’d love to do karaoke. Yeah. Yeah. That has something to do with the

Link Keller 48:43
maybe next year

Josué Cardona 48:44
with the podcast. I was recording earlier. Huh? Yep, yep. Okay, well,

Link Keller 48:55
that was a guess people. I don’t know thing. I’m not included.

Josué Cardona 49:01
Alright, well, that’s it. Any other any other closing thoughts? Any questions from from the? I mean, it’s like a wasted opportunity. Right? Like, we don’t have a question queue with a live audience. So question queue.

Lara Taylor 49:11
They are just having a whole conversation over here. about

Josué Cardona 49:17
they’re off topic. So I’m just letting

Lara Taylor 49:19
dressing dress code for the occasion. Now they’re talking about voting and what we should do for the party. Yeah,

Josué Cardona 49:25
yeah. Oh, maybe this is on topic. I didn’t see the newer stuff.

Lara Taylor 49:27
Yeah. I mean, it was the earlier stuff was on topic. They were talking about Godzilla.

Josué Cardona 49:34
saying anything was off topic today It’s a joke.

Lara Taylor 49:42
I mean, gian said Godzilla is gender fluid. I suppose that I would agree

Link Keller 49:49
I think that Godzilla predates gender.

Josué Cardona 49:52
Yeah. Yeah.

Link Keller 49:54
Godzilla’s like, you kids and your genders these days. Back in my day, we were Giant lizards and we were happy about it.

Josué Cardona 50:02
So it’s a gian saying emergency channel on the discord. So I mean,

Lara Taylor 50:06
he said, let’s do a PowerPoint party. I’m like, let’s just play talking points. I know, on jackbox that is

Link Keller 50:15
very similar. I do like PowerPoint parties. Actually, last year, Around this time, we, my friend group, and I started doing a weekly zoom Hangout, in order to cope with the pandemic and not being able to see each other in person. And we were just sort of chatting and then at the at the end of May is one of my friends birthdays. And she was like, could we do? Can we do like, a slideshow? presentation thing about cryptids? Because I would like to do one. It was so much fun you guys it was such a blast. Highly recommend that if if you have a group of friends looking for something to do for a couple of hours, having everybody make a PowerPoint about their favorite cryptid It is. It’s a good good, great idea.

Josué Cardona 51:10
I’m sure kaijus I think would be a good topic to like there’s just a lot of different versions of PowerPoint parties you could do.

Link Keller 51:20
Yeah, I that is a great. I do love PowerPoint parties there.

Josué Cardona 51:24
I’ve never been invited. So the closest thing I’ve done is the what’s the jackbox game that’s like that. Talking Points, points. Yeah, that’s good. That was when me and Lars wife stopped being friends. It was because of that game.

Link Keller 51:39
Right? Yeah, that was that was. That was funny.

Lara Taylor 51:44
That was really funny. Um,

Josué Cardona 51:47
well, this has given me an idea.

Lara Taylor 51:48
We played some talking points during taggs too not you.

Josué Cardona 51:52
Yeah, yeah. I grew. So did I

Link Keller 52:00
just mull that over for a little bit?

Josué Cardona 52:04
I think

Lara Taylor 52:06
jackbox party night? What what?

Link Keller 52:09
I would love a jackbox party.

Josué Cardona 52:11
Yeah, no, I’m, I’ve got to do something I’ve been wanting to do. I think I think this PowerPoint party idea might be my work. I think I think

Lara Taylor 52:24
you’re really going to let gian have this power

Josué Cardona 52:27
I mean, look,

Link Keller 52:28
we do have to put limiters on gian, as to how long his powerpoint can be.

Josué Cardona 52:34
It’s one of the game of the game and have to take bets on on how many? How many words and how many slides? We’re just yeah. So Jonathan is asking an excellent question. What is a PowerPoint party?

Link Keller 52:48
a PowerPoint party is where you have people create PowerPoints. And then you present them to each other. Often in like a living room situation with a TV had an HDMI cable, you can plug into your laptop. Like I was talking about before you can do a themed one like we did. cryptids are really talked about different cryptids there were a couple of overlap, but mostly people picked different ones. You can also just leave it open sometimes that’s fun. It’s just you know, let people talk about what they want to talk about whatever they think of

Josué Cardona 53:30
it is to give an example of one that why it’s a party and not just a like like white feels more like a party and that’s how much of a meeting because

Link Keller 53:40
because the topics are usually more silly and light hearted and Goofy. I have seen

Josué Cardona 53:48
this a lot on tik tok.

Link Keller 53:51
Yeah, there there are many on tik tok. I’ve seen one where people talked about it was you know, five minutes to describe your favorite anime, but you don’t say what the anime is until the end of the five minutes. And so it’s just people like describing plot points. And but of anime, which I don’t know about you guys, but anytime I hear without context, the plot of anime it’s always like this is bananas. What is what are you talking about?

Josué Cardona 54:28
Yeah,

Link Keller 54:28
wait wait. You’re saying when he gets wet? He turns into a panda? Oh, yep. Okay, keep going. Continue. Tell me more.

Josué Cardona 54:39
Yep. This another comment was like, Geek Therapy has switched hosts for the different podcasts. And my first thought, maximum fun network. My first thought was I had to have Woody Harris do the anime podcast because he has No idea. It would basically be what you just described. He’s like I just read this description so you know about the shows. I have no idea what they are. None whatsoever. It will be

Lara Taylor 55:07
unless it’s something I’ve watched way in the past or I’m watching right now because of the funimation three month trial with PlayStation. I would also be good for that because it just made me what he like reading Wikipedia or something. Okay,

Josué Cardona 55:23
so yeah, so I think I think Geek Therapy 10th birthday is a big deal. Um, this did actually kind of turn into a working meeting and I now I can visualize

Link Keller 55:34
you’re welcome

Josué Cardona 55:35
a thing. I can visualize a thing. And we’ll talk about it. We ended up party planning committee for the for the anniversary.

Link Keller 55:43
Okay.

Josué Cardona 55:43
I think we should definitely do that. Do Yeah, I’m, oh, I’m excited now. Okay. Who wants to be in the party planning committee? Let us know. In our discord

Lara Taylor 55:56
spamming anyone who’s whose name is not gian, because we know he’s gonna say he wants to be a part of

Link Keller 56:01
Oh, because he’s already spearheaded the whole thing. Exactly.

Josué Cardona 56:05
Jonathan suggested like voting on stuff on the discord. I’m, I’m yeah, I’m, I’m more of a let’s do everything everybody wants to do. Kind of kind of person.

Link Keller 56:21
So weird that you have time management issues?

Josué Cardona 56:26
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Well, I mean, I figured it out with taggs. You just let everybody do everything at the same time. That’s why. That’s how you beat time. I figured it out. you just you just do it all at the same time

Lara Taylor 56:41
record it all. So people can go back and watch the thing

Josué Cardona 56:43
time. And it took me a long time, but I did it. Yeah. So yeah, this is this is a party. Yeah. Yeah. No, this is okay. Yeah. Here’s the thing. This is a good thing. This show is also accountability. Right. So I yeah, this was okay. Hmm. Okay.

Link Keller 57:01
We have witnesses

Josué Cardona 57:02
there are witnesses.

Lara Taylor 57:03
I think I think something wonderful just happened because of the delay in the stream. I gian said he wants he said me, me. And I bet my comment about not gian came up right after?

Josué Cardona 57:15
Yeah, I mean, I mean, that’s Yeah, we haven’t beat that part of time.

Lara Taylor 57:19
It’s like we had an actual conversation.

Josué Cardona 57:21
Yeah, sort of. Okay. Yeah. No, I’m excited again. We just talked about big things in this episode. Like milestones and conferences, and, you know, milestone moments. And

Link Keller 57:35
there it is. conferences and kaiju. Yeah. Here’s the title. I nailed it.

Josué Cardona 57:41
Like, I mean, we’re live on YouTube. So I just call it I call it Godzilla. And, and, and, and big, awesome things, I think, is that I called it I don’t know, something that was like that. Yeah, it was like other big Yeah, no, that’s, that’s what it says. Whatever it says, that’s what it is. There. If you go see the pub, we can change the version for the for the podcast, we can change it.

Lara Taylor 58:06
Yeah, conferences and kaiju.

Josué Cardona 58:08
Like this. Okay. All right. So thank you for joining us live. Thank you for for listening this long to vote on what we should do for Geek Therapy 10th anniversary. And the party that I’m now I’m convinced is happening because I it’s just it just is you can visit our discord, our Facebook group, and all of our community spaces, you can comment on this episode and all other episodes of on the Geek Therapy network, including our show that hasn’t been released yet. It’s actually more than one of those actually.

Lara Taylor 58:50
Well, woody has been on a roll with putting out rolling for change

Josué Cardona 58:55
Yeah, there’s been work on that backlog. That’s my plan to for the next couple weeks. Yeah, so links to all of that in the show notes. Check out the the forum is what I was looking for. That’s where all the comments are, for everything lives. And, yeah, thank you for listening. remember to geek out to do good and we’ll be back next week.

Link Keller 59:16
mmmmBye

Transcribed by https://otter.ai

Characters / Media
  • Godzilla vs Kong
  • Shin Godzilla
  • Pacific Rim
  • Godzilla (1998)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam
  • Star Wars
  • Jackbox Party Packs

Themes / Topics

Conversation Topics:

* Cultural representation
* Difficult emotions
* Power struggle
* Problem Solving
* Resilience
* Working with others
* Other: SKREEEONK!

Relatable Experience:

* Celebration
* New Life Event (New Rules)
* Trauma
* Other: Presenting

Questions? Comments? Discuss this episode on the GT Forum.

Links / Social Media

Check out the GT Network: network.geektherapy.com

GT Forum: forum.geektherapy.org

GT Discord: geektherapy.com/discord

GT Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/geektherapy

Find us at www.GeekTherapy.org | @GeekTherapy | Lara: @GeekTherapist | Link: @CHICKENDINOSAUR | Josué: @JosueACardona

Ask us anything through the Question Queue and we’ll answer on the show: geektherapy.org/qq