Slow Moving Creature

Originally published at: https://pbg.geektherapy.com/2018/08/25/slow-moving-creature/

There isn't much to this post other than checking in and giving an update to why you haven't seen much in the way of board gaming content as of late. So as I do work in a correctional facility it's important that I do not misrepresent myself or my agency. Because of that, I send all of my group session posts out for review before I post them. Naturally, this causes some delay. I promise you I have content. I'm just waiting to get it back. So, because of that, it's a little slow but, thank you for being patient.

Also, I wanted to throw this out there that if you have any suggestions or games we should try I would love to hear about them.

Just recently I was able to get a generous donation of cooperative games. We just started diving into those and so far so good. Of the 6 or so games we got, we played Sentinels of the Multiverse and Pandemic Legacy season 2. Both, thus far, have been a major hit and I can't wait to share more about them as we go. In regards to Pandemic Legacy season 2, I think this is something we will slow play. This is played out over a course of 12 months, in game. I think it would be fun to play it out in real months as well. This is a game that unlocks as you go and there are permanent changes that happen and mystery that you are not allowed to discover until you play through the legacy campaign. Some of the things I have read about it are that you put stickers on the board, write on the board. Add rules in the rule book, tear up cards, and make character sheets.

For me, having to make permanent changes in a game is stressful and scary. There is a lot of feelings associated with this game that I look forward to diving into, but I'll wait and save it for my monthly "pandemic posts".

Anyway, I suppose that is all for now. Thank you for reading and keep an eye out for new content.

Featured image

1 Like