It's been a while

Originally published at: https://pbg.geektherapy.com/2018/12/26/its-been-a-while/

I know it's been a while since I have posted and I assure you I have been hard at work. I recently stepped into a new position at work and that demands a lot of my time. It's going great so far, but it doesn't leave me a ton of time for posting. However, I have been doing group and we've had a few bumps along the way.

So, working in a prison where there is not a lot to do at times would equate to a lot more participation but it just hasn't. I've struggled to get guys to show up from week to week for whatever reason. I have been able to hold group but at times I only get 1 or 2 guys at a time. I have 10 on my list at the moment. Naturally this is a bit discouraging, but also leaves room for some reflection. This get's me wondering what the cause is. I'm hopeful that tonight I will have a few more guys than normal and I can get a feel for what the reason behind my low attendance numbers are. Regardless of the outcome I still have guys showing up at we are trying some new games out.

Last week there were 3 of us and we played a little game called "Knights of the round table" This was a pretty fun game about going on quests and defeating stages. There was one person who set up the quest and the others were able to accept the quest. Based on whether you accepted or put on the quest would grant you rewards if you were successful depending on how difficult the quest was. This game was pretty straightforward and pretty fun. The three of us had a good time and it was interesting to see the strategy behind some of the moves that guys were making. After talking with a couple of them they said they liked the game. Beyond that, I didn't get much from there.

As you can imagine we have been playing through "Pandemic Legacy vol.2" still and that game keeps getting better and harder. A few weeks ago we finally died which was unfortunate, but good. This game has a great way of making itself more challenging as you go while adding depth to help you be more successful along the way. We have been steadily moving along and I think we are in the game month of May. I really look forward to continuing that game as we just unlocked some new twists, and some new mysteries along the way.

I know this is not a lot of quality content but I didn't want to go another week or so without putting something up. Like I said it's been a bit of a struggle getting guys to group, but I have a plan and hopefully that will bring out some more and new participants. Thank you for sticking with it and if you have any suggestions or feedback please don't hesitate leave a comment or message me.

1 Like