E3 2018 Hype!!!

Originally published at: E3 Hype!!! -

#142: E3 is upon us! Hop on the HYPE TRAIN! Josué loves E3 so the team talks about a few things they’re excited about, favorite E3 memories, and representation at the event. Plus, we take a look at what’s going on in the GT Forum and share our Geek Therapy for the week.

Questions? Comments? Discuss this episode on the GT Forum.

This episode is sponsored by: Plus 7 Intelligence, the podcast about how games impact people.

00:00:00 - Opening / E3 hype!.. ?

00:22:37 - Plus 7 Intelligence ad

00:23:34 - Can anyone go to E3?

00:45:50 - Forum Finds

00:49:32 - Geek Therapy

00:56:09 - Wrap-Up

Find us at www.GeekTherapy.com | @GeekTherapy | Lara: @GeekTherapist | Lauren: @CHICKENDINOSAUR | Ali: @AliMattu | Josué: @JosueACardona

Become a member of Geek Therapy on Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/geektherapy

Ask us anything through the Question Queue and we’ll answer on the show: geektherapy.com/qq

Join the Geek Therapy mailing list: http://eepurl.com/wS4LP

E3 is my favorite time of year! Let’s rejoice! I love E3 so much! :sob:

What are you looking forward to the most?

I need to know more about Death Stranding!!

2 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 & whatever Fromsoftware is working on (Hoping Bloodborne 2)

1 Like

I’m hoping for some new IPs, there’s so many sequels and HD rereleases andstuff, I’m ready for exciting and new things. That being said, I also hope there’s a new Pikmin game for Switch announced!

2 Likes

I’m really hoping for some Fire Emblem 16 news. We haven’t heard a lick about it since the little “we’re working on it” announcement. I didn’t enjoy Fates but Shadows of Valentia was fantastic. I’m hoping the new game will be really good and it’ll be the first time the series gets to shine in 3D. 3DS graphics are still relatively limited and Radiant Dawn was the last 3D home console game but it was on Wii so it didn’t have any good animations or graphics. I think this could be a killer entry to the series if they’ve been really working on it.

I really need me some new IP’s I’m a Sony guy and last year they were pretty lackluster, meanwhile Xbox had frigging Cuphead which blew my mind!

I’m always on board for more Last of US and Death Stranding, but I’m really excited with From Software, Id love to see where they take Bloodborn or something new perhaps. Optimistically speaking, maybe something about the next Horizon: Zero Dawn?

I always look at the Bethesda Conference, not so excited for Fallout (Im not a online multi kinda guy, but it looks cool), but maybe they are going to show Starfield at last I am always up for more RPGs, and they already started making the next Elder Scrolls, so maybe a Teaser? Please? please?

Excited to see more Anthem from EA, Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Assassin’s Creed (Loved what they did with Origins) from Ubisoft, and more Kingdom Hearts 3 from Squaresoft.

So many things, I’m definitely not setting myself up for disappointment :upside_down_face: !
HYYYYYYYPE!

Some of my pie-in-the-sky wishlist items:

• Sony stops obstructing cross-platform play
  • Sony allows the Xbox accessibility controller to run on PS4
  • PSN id change possible
  • Episode 1 of FFVII Remake out this year
  • Metroid: Samus Returns on Switch
  • New Zelda a la Majora’s Mask with BotW engine
  • New F-Zero
  • Monster Hunter World expansion
  • Destiny 2 adds all Destiny 1 content
  • Rock Band VR on PSVR
  • Halo 6 this year
  • Goku in Smash Bros

These aren’t predictions, just stuff I wish would get announced. If I get just 2 or 3 I’ll be very happy. :grin:

1 Like

I need Cyberpunk 2077 in my life right now

2 Likes

E3 seriously feels like Christmas for me! All the hype, trying to avoid spoilers, the actual announcements, the interviews, the digital deals on games! All of it! I can’t wait!

1 Like

Pikmin on Switch would be… WOW!!

1 Like

I can’t believe I forgot about Cyberpunk 2077!! Definitely excited to see more news about that.

And the next FromSoft game…ahh! I could only play a few hours of Bloodborne but watched Lets Plays and lore vids and am still tempted to get the art book.

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

I’m savouring Witcher 3 until Cyberpunk is closer. I haven’t even touched the DLC yet.

I’m so ready for the setting of Cyberpunk 2077! It reminds me of the Blade Runner adventure game. Are there any current RPGs or Adventure Games in a similar setting?

Ohhh man I need to get back to Witcher 3! I’m halfway through Hearts of Stone but I got burned out after 120 hours of playtime.

Such a good time.

2 Likes

I’ve heard the DLCs are better than the base game & the base game impressed me so much.

2 Likes

While searching for an RPG in a futuristic, cyberpunk setting I was just reminded of the Deus Ex series. As coincidence would have it ‘The Deus Ex Collection’ is 88% off on Steam right now. :smiley:

Alright, back to the E32018 hype: something else I am excited for is new details about Underworld Ascendant!

What were y’alls highlights for E3?? Here’s my list of my favorite things I saw at E3 this year, in no particular order:

Overcooked 2
Last of Us Part 2
Control
Ooblets
Two Point Hospital
Noita
Don’t Starve: Hamlet
Sable
Night Call
Maneater
KIDS
The Quiet Man
Neo Cab
Satisfactory
Transference VR
Wolfenstein 2: Young Blood
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
My Friend Pedro
Tunic
Cuphead DLC
We Happy Few
Hitman 2
Unravel Two
Sea of Solitude

Lots of great stuff this year. My top highlights are:

Super Smash Bros. roster - dream fulfillment
Ghosts of Tsushima - beautiful, action looks great
Cyberpunk 2077 - first-person action RPG from creators of Witcher looks/sounds incredible
Daemon X Machina - I want to know more!
Fox in Star Link - I already wanted Star Link, now I want it more
Tetris Effect - cannot wait
Sable - beautiful
Division 2 - looks like a contender to replace my Destiny 2 time
Anthem - my other Destiny 2 replacement
Spider-Man - actually looks/plays like the trailer and I can’t wait
Wolfenstein: Youngblood - big surprise, co-op, two female leads
The Last of Us II - that trailer was unreal, I’m in awe, but I probably won’t play it since I found the first too tense to finish

1 Like

Super exciting things from E3!

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice! FromSoft so its gonna be good!

Death Stranding AKA I don’t know what’s going on but I’m digging it!

The Last of Us 2! Too scary to place but I’ll watch a Let’s Play!

Ghost of Tsushima! Very pretty!

Cyberpunk 2077! A first-person RPG with character creator so my character can be a bad-ass lady, YES PLEASE.

!!! Exclamation points!!

2 Likes