What is that go to board game you desperately want to play when people come over?

Playing board games can be a really fun way to just interact with new people or do something chill when you invite people to your house. I don’t know about you guys, but every time I invite people to my house and I show them my board game collection, there are a few games that I secretly wish that they will pick every time.

Mine are Werewolf, Exploding Kittens and Ca$h and guns I love games that make you really tense and require a lot of bluffing. I can see how some people don’t wanna feel stressed out when they are playing but to me there’s nothing like the thrill of a good bluff.

How about you guys?

1 Like

I am a sucker for complexity, so when I can find time to play a board game, I usually try for either Arcadia Quest (if we all want to be competitive) or Zombicide (if we all want to work towards a certain goal).

Not quite a board game in the strictest sense but Yomi for me. I love fighting games and I love card games and Yomi as if they just made Street Fighter right into a card game. It takes a little bit to get a hold of it and the decks all play really, really differently but no one seems to enjoy it as much as I do. Still hoping to do the Boss Battle mode one day.

1 Like

Wow Just saw a video on it looks amazing!

Mine is Joking Hazard. I love that game so much! :sob: :rofl: There have been times I’ve traveled and it’s the only game I bring along. It’s easy for people to understand and get into quickly. Love it.

That game looks like so much fun, I love games like apples to apples and Card against humanity that just depend on getting the right card in the right context.

Completely unrelated but watching the video made me think of Superfight! I love that game so much, used to have it but I left it in my car and the humidity fused all the cards together… It was devastating…

This is one of the saddest stories I’ve ever heard…

1 Like

One my favorite games to play is Betrayal at House on the Hill. It’s so much fun and the different scenarios for the “betrayal” are ridiculous.

One that I’ve wanted to play with my counseling and psychology classmates, but haven’t gotten a chance to is Mysterium. It’s a bit like Clue, but with lots of nonverbal communication and trying to analyze each other and a bunch of ambiguous clues from the “ghost”.

3 Likes

Every time I see Mysterium in a store I get intrigued but I never actually attempted to see what its about now I will.

1 Like

It depends on the crowd. For people with limited experience with board games, we usually grab card games like Coup, Joking Hazard, maybe a Fluxx game. If they mention having played anything outside of Parker Brothers/Milton Bradley stuff, then we’ll grab Zombicide most often. If they have significant experience, Euphoria is our go-to.

My wife and I LOVE Zombicide! It’s what got us into tabletop gaming in the first place, and we’ve even made our own character sheets and made pieces through Hero Forge.

I always want to play Cards Against Humanity but I guess I should actually own it haha.

Unless family is playing then nooooo way.

1 Like

Cards Against Humanity is a great one.

Superfight. It’s a card game where you sort-of assemble an odd superhero and then argue with the other players over who would win in a fight. So like Katniss Everdeen, armed with a rocket launcher, and controls an army of flying monkeys. But not all the power cards are helpful. It basically comes down to who can argue their case best.

We also like Castle Panic. It’s a cooperative board game where all the players try to strategize together to kill all the monsters before the monsters take out the castle in the middle of the board. Very fun.

2 Likes

Depending on the group of friends… betrayal on house on the hill, or pandemic. We will usually end with cards against humanity or smash up. Or super fight!
And sometimes we don’t see sunlight all weekend and play everything!

2 Likes

We have it, and the first deck enhancement! Can’t wait for game night!!

1 Like

I got Betrayal at the House on the Hill for my birthday, but I’ve only gotten to play it once. It was SO MUCH fun!! We got the Abyss as the scenario, and I was the traitor. I died, but I still won the game mwahahahahaha :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I have the extension widows walk, so the last game we played when the haunt happened, no one was the traitor and we got out with no problems!

1 Like