Title: Ms. Marvel #18
Series Identifier: Issue #18 (also found in Ms. Marvel vol 4: Last Days)
- Cultural representation
- Feeling alone
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- Problem Solving
- Standing up for others
- Strong female role models
- Working with others
- Coming of age/Getting older
- Coming Out
- Kamala has to face her ex-crush, who wants to turn her brother against her. Possible conversation starter.
- Kamala finds out her brother doesn’t hate her, and is surprised he stands up for her. Possible conversation starter about difficult sibling relationships, and expectations.
- Kamala faces the end of the world, and what that means for her priorities for her last days.
- Kamala comes clean to her mother about being Ms. Marvel, because she wants to face the end of the world having been honest. Finds out her mother already knew. Possible conversation starter about values. Parallels to coming out.
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]
Link to Content: http://marvel.com/comics/issue/52252/ms_marvel_2014_18