Title: Captain America: Civil War
Series Identifier: n/a
- Cultural representation
- Difficult emotions
- Feeling alone
- Moral dilemma
- Power struggle
- Problem Solving
- Standing up for others
- Strong female role models
- Standing up for oneself
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Working with others
- Making Others Worry
- Loss (other than death)
- Tony’s new tech to relive and gain mastery over traumatic events as a possible way of changing narrative. (Example questions: “How might you use this tech if it were real? Would it be helpful?”)
- Captain America’s loyalty to Bucky and belief that he is on the right side is a possible conversation starter.
- Tony’s PTSD, dealing with the loss of his parents all over again, and his need for external regulation is a possible conversation starter.
- Black Widow and Hawkeye being on separate sides of the battle, are still able to maintain their friendship. Example to model positive relationships.
- T’Challa’s loss of his father, quest for revenge, and willingness to admit when he was wrong is a possible conversation starter, and an example to model grief and taking responsibility.
- Scarlet Witch being made to feel like she’s a monster by her friends who feel like they’re trying to protect her from herself. Possible conversation starter to discuss how other’s actions can influence our own perceptions.
- War Machine’s recuperation after his injury. Possible conversation starter regarding injury/disability. Example of resilience.
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]
Link to Content: Captain America: Civil War - Wikipedia