title: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Series Identifier: Episode 218, Partner
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Working with others
- Self Sacrifice
- Blended Family
- Coming of age/Getting older
- Foster Care/Adoption
- Understanding another’s freedom
- Naruto and Kurama have to come to terms that in order to save the ninja world, they must say good bye to their “conjoined twin”.
- Naruto starts the process of becoming a regular ninja, instead of being arguably the most powerful ninja given having access to Kurama’s near infinite Chakra
- Naruto and Kurama finds themselves in this position because he voluntarily took on the role of being Kawaki’s foster-father, both Naruto and Kurama have taken a liking to Kawaki and refused to allow him to be given up to the Ōtsutsuki
- This episode led to the use of referencing it in regards to an Existentialism theory conversation and how Naruto and Kurama are both their own individuals despite inhabiting the same body,
How does the grief that Naruto goes through when Kurama makes this decision and Kurama’s ultimate death, affect Naruto’s hero’s journey?
How does Kurama’s self-sacrifice make Naruto face the mortality of his own existance?
How does Kurama’s death affect Naruto’s relationship with Boruto and Kawaki as their father/adopted father?
Link to Content: Partner (Boruto episode) | Narutopedia | Fandom