Title: Avatar: the Last Airbender - The Deserter
Series Identifier: Season 1, Episode 16
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- Power struggle
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Working with others
- Other: Boundaries
- Coming of age/Getting older
- Aang’s difficulties with patience and discipline in the episode lead to him hurting Katara.
- Aang’s guilt about hurting Katara helps him realize he needs to listen to others (Masters) even though he is the Avatar and more powerful.
- This episode led to a real conversation about pushing boundaries and learning when to accept boundaries set by others.
- [List questions that can help to reflect on this content.]
Link to Content: The Deserter | Avatar Wiki | Fandom